Friday, September 5, 2014

Deep Blue Depthmeter - GALLERY


When I was a teenager my parents used to receive the Service Merchandise catalog in the mail. I remember vividly admiring the multi-function Citizen Dive Watches in those pages. They were rather rare in Canada and I loved how cool and purposeful they looked. That is until I actually got to see one in person and it looked kind of silly for everyday wear. Still, the functions and style still stuck with me to this day. 

Fast forward over 25 years and I have finally found a watch that has those same awesome functions, but in a package that can be worn everyday! On top of all that, it also has features that are only found on watches costing hundreds more, but at a wallet-friendly price point. I have had the entire summer to enjoy this one and I have taken swimming, snorkeling and even... THE OFFICE!

Below is a review of this super-fun watch, hope you will like:


 

 

Again, I am a huge fan of these multi-fundtion dive watches and I have been for over a quarter of a century! So it is no surprise that this one tickles my fancy, but allow me to explain why this one is so special.

First of all, it has all the functions your Citizen diver will have, except the protruding censor is not at nine or three o'clock, it is on the case back! Out of the way, out of sight, yet it works like a charm. How do I know? I have taken it to 6 meters under and it registered it just fine.

Secondly, it has a sapphire crystal, so the glass is highly scratch resistant and the bezel is also covered with a sapphire ring! You will not find that on any other multi-function dive watch! Speaking of bezel all of the markers and numerals are generously coated in blue lume.

Thirdly, the bracelet and end-links are top notch. Thick, solid and precise. No wiggle or jiggle anywhere. The links are sizable via pin / bushing system, which is a pain if you do not have the right tools and a good amount of dexterity. That said, it is one of the most secure systems and you only need do it once.

Lastly, VALUE. I have said it before and I will say it again, not all Deep Blue watches are for everyone. Luckily, they have such a wide variety that there is bound to be one that you will like and one thing is for sure, they pack a whole lot of watch in a very affordable package.

 

 

If you are looking for a LARGE (45mm diameter), yet wearable (my wrist is 7"), functional and extremely well built quartz multi-function diver, look no further. This one will not disappoint. As I said above, I have been wearing this one regularly to the office and it is great. Keeps quartz like time, so I do not have to worry about winding it every day and the lume is fantastic.

 

 

This is my 4th Deep Blue Watch and I am 100% sure it will not be my last. There is always something around the corner that I MUST HAVE. Luckily, they are always reasonably priced, so why not have more then one?

If you are looking for a good source for Deep Blue watches, especially within Canada, follow this link for the Official and ONLY Authorized Deep Blue Distributor:

Deep Blue Watches CANADA

And here are some other Deep Blue watches I have reviewed / photographed:

Deep Blue Depthmaster - GALLERY

Deep Blue T100 Recon - VIDEO

Deep Blue T100 Recon - GALLERY

Deep Blue Alpha Marine 500 Gen II - GALLERY

No comments:

Post a Comment