Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Borealis Sea-Hawk - INITIAL IMPRESSIONS

I received this one yesterday and I cannot even express how impressed I am with this watch! For 355$ you get a solid stainless steel bracelet, with modern push-button opening / extension, a gorgeous sapphire crystal, ceramic bezel and automatic Japanes (Seiko) movement!

Oh there are a ton of smaller details, which will be covered in the review, but all in all, I do not thinks it is possible to pack any more watch into such a small price! And did I mention it looks awesome? Have a look for yourself:

 

 

 

 

 

Now one thing I would like to point out right away is the crystal. It has a generous amount of AR coating, as you can easily see in the pictures, but it is NOT domed! It is flat. That said, it's edges are completely rounded off, to mimic the original Plexiglas crystals of yesteryear. I have NO IDEA how they accomplished this, but the effect is stupendous!

Again, this watch retails for 355$... HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?

Stay tuned for full review coming to a BLOG near you!!!

Borealis Watch Company

No comments:

Post a Comment