Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Ancon Tank M26 - GALLERY

I was fortunate enough to be one of the 1st to own one of Ancon's newest bronze watches. In fact, I received mine before they were even listed on their website! While acquiring the Sea Shadow (further down on my BLOG), I was going back and forth with Ancon customer service and they introduced me to this piece.

Since it was made of a mixture of Tin and Brass, it was a different bronze than my previous model (aluminum and brass). I just had to have it. It has not been about a month with the Tank M26 and a slight patina has already developed.

Here it is in living color:



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As you can see, despite its long lug to lug length, it fits my 7 inch wrist very nicely and it is relatively thin for its size. I also like the dome crystal, which does not feature any anti-reflective coating. it makes it look a lot like an old school Plexiglas crystal, without the fuss. Whether or not this was intentional, it looks awesome and lends itself well to the design.

So you take a great design, add a wonderful movement (+1 sec/day), a great strap, an awesome buckle and what do you get? A VERY HAPPY TIME2WATCH!

3 comments: