Sunday, July 7, 2013

Ancon Sea Shadow Bronze - GALLERY

I decided to take the plunge and try my hand at bronze. After reading so much about bronze vs. brass, the misadventures of Olivier watches and the errors of certain Chinese catalog manufacturers, I figured the dust has settled and it was time to try one out.

Enter Ancon. I first saw this brand on Oceantimetime Blog and thought they looked a little familiar. I once owned / reviewed a Helson Shark Diver and while they likely share the same supplier, the refined finishing on the Ancon, lead me to believe it is a cut above. (the Helson I owned had the same movement)

When I saw their bronze models, I just had to have one. I fell in love with the brown dial and I was not expecting it to come on such a sweet strap. Anyway, I will go into all of this in the upcoming review, in the mean time, how about I let the pictures do the rest of the talking:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I am really looking forward to letting this one Patina on its own and will post updated pictures, as it gains character. STAY TUNED!

Ancon Watches

No comments:

Post a Comment