Wednesday, September 22, 2010

moVas Pro Diver gets a NEW bracelet with help from yours truly!

Hi Guys,

I have been in conversation with Sean Wai from moVas regarding their upcoming Professional Diver. During our discussions, he asked my opinion on 3 link vs. 5 link bracelets. I was honest with him and said I preferred neither. I firmly believe a good SOLID dive bracelet should be a 2 link system, where the center link is surrounded by the outside links. Similar to what Ball does with their divers.

ALL bracelets stretch! Do not kid yourself, it may feel tight right now and most of us flip our watches way before stretch ever develops, but for those who hang on to their watches and wear them for their intended purposes, stretch eventually creaps in. The only way to really avoid this is to have a solid link system, as described above. Well, here are the results:




We also discussed standard screws vs. hex for link adjustments and lug attachments. We both agreed that HEX screws are the way to go. The added security and ease of use, not to mention the increased macho-factor are well worth the effort.

More on this model real soon!

5 comments:

  1. Marc - drop me a line and let me know where i can info on this watch - it's gorgeous!

    jdm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized I did not have a link to their website. Just added it. Follow the link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've become very bored of most of the boutique divers being released, but this one has really piqued my interest... it has a fresh look and I love the protected crown and power reserve. This is a watch that I will consider buying... just need to find out a little more about it. By the way, great call on the bracelet design, I agree with you Marc. Looking forward to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its too bad they are using a cheap movement in there.....:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks to me like a computer graphic. Will virtual watches be the next IT thing?

    ReplyDelete