Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Ball Aviator GMT is finally fixed!

About 6 months ago I accidentally dropped my Ball Aviator on its crown and when I picked it up, the minute had was free from its stem. I was so upset with myself. Now I was pretty certain Ball could repair this problem, but the thought of shipping my beloved GMT to the U.S. and getting hit by customs on the way back just turned my stomach.

For half a year it sat in my watch box, that is until today. Since I had a day off and nothing planned, I decided to try a new watchmaker. Unfortunately, when I got there, they were closed! So I pulled out my smartphone and let my fingers do the talking. I found another watchmaker, but he was all the way across town.

I got a little lost on my way there and did not really know what to expect, but am I ever glad I went! Not only was he professional, he actually let me watch over his shoulder! I must say, the movement was exceptionally well finished and within 10 minutes, he was all done. AWESOME, but wait, this is not the best part.... he only charged me 5$ !!!!!!!!!!!!

When I got home I swapped the OEM leather for my ISOfrane and I am super happy!



Should you need a watchmaker in the Montreal area, I highly recommend him. Here are his details:


HAPPY DAY INDEED!!!

1 comment:

  1. HI I live in Montreal too.

    I have a Engineer Master II Diver COSC Automatic and one day it just stop working,i was facing the same problem about shipping to the US and also noboby wanted to insure it for shipping so after almost 1 year , i went to La Swiss and they were able to repair it, i only waited a week. I'm glad it's on my wrist again. I took note of the watchmaker. Thanks


    Luigi.

    ReplyDelete