Friday, February 11, 2011

Eterna Super KonTiki 1973 L.E. - 1st IMPRESSIONS!

Eterna has always had a special place in my heart. Especially the KonTiki!

Here are some quick & dirty pictures of their new 1973 L.E.:




Can you do this with your mesh bracelet?




For those of you who love the look of vintage watches, but do not feel like dealing with the issues that come along with owning 30+ year old watches, this is the watch for you!

It is the closes "re-issue" of a classic dive watch I have ever seen. For fun, here is the original in all its glory:


The above image is from this wonderful page:

KonTiki IDF on Scubawatch.org

I have never been a fan of mesh bracelets, but this one is extra special. It is by far the most supple and comfortable I have ever worn. The dial is perfectly executed and the case is nicely polished all the way around.

An Eterna KonTiki 200m Chronometer was my very 1st mechanical dive watch. I managed to find this image of one just like it:

Shamelessliy lifted from www.Watchcat.com

At the time it was my largest watch (38mm), my how times have changed... lol...

Well, this "new" re-issue makes my heart race just like my 1st KonTiki. They really are special watches.

Much more when I complete my review!

Eterna

No comments:

Post a Comment