Thursday, December 23, 2010

T2W - Holiday TOP-10 High-End Divers!

Here we go! My very 1st Annual Holiday TOP-10 high-end Divers countdown: 


#10 - Roger Dupuis Easy Diver
Spectacular finish and attention to detail, combined with an in-house movement earns this one the #10 spot.


#9 - Graham Chronofighter Diver
I am still unsure how that lever thing-a-ma-bob works, but just for its sheer coolness factor, it earns the #9 spot on my countdown.


#8 - Blancpain Fifty-Fathoms Complete Calender
I am not much of a fan of the new Fifty-Fathoms line, but the awesome BLUE color on this bad-boy earns it the #8 spot.


#7 - JLC Compressor Navy Seal Edition
I am still unsure I wholely beleive in the Navy Seal / JLC partnership claim, but there is one thing I do beleive. This is one cool watch, earning the #7 spot.


#6 - Girard-Perregaux Seahawk Pro
Just a splendid watch. Nicely excecuted, with a terrific bedigree. Well deserving of the #6 spot.


#5 - Linde-Werdelin Octopus DLC
LD has been making quite a splash as of late and this very exciting new diver, just does it for me! It earns the #5 spot and rightfully so!


#4 - Glashutte-Original Sport Evolution M
I have never been a fan of the big date "thing". This new version on its spectacular bracelet cracks the top 5 in my books!


#3 - IWC Aquatimer 2000
I have been fortunate enough to have aquired one of these late this year and I could not be more pleased. The combination of a sapphire bezel, superlative bracelet and bomb proof 2000m case earns it the # 3 spot.
  

#2 - Chopard ProOne GMT
I know there is a standard diver's version of the ProOne, but his one, with the lumed bezel and orange color just floats my boat! Oh and did I mention in-house movement and awesome bracelet? Yeah, #2 is a got spot to be!


#1 - Rolex SeaDweller DeepSea
Yeah, yeah... Rolex-Shmolex I know... NOT! Have you ever had the opportunity to handle and/or try this one on? I have! It took nearly 50 years for Rolex to finally update their ULTIMATE sports watch and in my humble opinion, IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT! The DSSD rightfully earns the coveted #1 spot. 

So there you have it folks. My personal TOP-10. I hope you enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment