Friday, April 6, 2012

Video of the NEW Perrelet Turbine Diver

Found this on Youtube:


I am so sorry Perrelet, but this watch is a disaster. The spinning turbine thing-a-ma-bob would drive me absolutely NUTS! Otherwise, it looks pretty good.

You know, while I am on the subject, the entire double-rotor system is a complete waste. Today's movements are so efficient there is no use for the second rotor. It basically is overkill and I see it as a gimmick. Perrelet has a storied history and their watches look pretty good. If only they could step away from the double-rotor "thing" I think they would be much more successful.

Here is a great example of what they are capable of:

Picture by Ariel Adams of ablogtoread.com

In my opinion, that is a stunning and elegant dive watch. I am pretty certain the quality, fit and finish, not to mention the level of attention to detail is right up there with Omega. Why are they not "pushing" this line? Oh well, to each his (or her) own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment